Thursday, June 26, 2014

Alert! Scam call!



Alert! Scam call!

Today afternoon around 12.30pm my mom got a call from a malay guy,she quickly pass the call to me as my mom is not good in malay. Here the story goes.

The guy claimed that he is the polis officer from bukit aman and he wanted to talk to my brother's family member. He said my bro is involved in the drugs activity and was caught during their polis operation this morning. I was quite nervous and start questioning him bout my bro car model and where he was caught. He never answer my questions and keep asking for my parents. I told him that my parents are not around and he asked who is the one who answered the phone just now, isn't she your mom? I started suspecting this might be a scam. I told him my mom cant speak malay, anything u can just talk to me but he insisted me to pass the phone to my mom. I ignored him and requested to speak to my bro, he allowed it and ask me to wait for awhile. He claimed that all my bro belongings have been forfeited including the hp which i will not be able to contact him.I waited for about 5mins and a chinese guy (claimed to be my bro) start shouting "woi! help me help me! im so scared...help!!" Of coz now im pretty sure that this is a fraud coz the voice and the way he speaks is totally different from my bro. I shout at him "hey, u r not my bro!" Straight after that he hung up the phone. I tried calling my bro many times but couldn't reach him. I manage to reach him at 1pm, he told me he is safe and not sure why his hp network turned to emergency only during 12-1pm. Wow! Scam has turned to be so professional and common nowadays, they even managed to hacked into your network and change your line! 
 
Please let your parents know especially those parent who is staying alone in the house while children are working. They easily become scammers' target. Beware and educate your parents!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment