Saturday, October 2, 2010

Things we should have known...

Before I came to college I wish I would have known.......

That it didn't matter how late I scheduled my first class, I'd be sleeping through it anyway.
That I could change so much and barely realize it.
That you can love a lot of people in a lot of different ways.
That college kids throw airplanes too.
That if you wear polyester everyone will ask why you are so dressed up.
That every clock on campus shows a different time.
That if you were smart in high school, so what??
That I would go to a party the night before a final.
That I could sleep until 12:55 and still make my 1:00p class.
That my best friend is the worst roommate.
That you can know everything and still fail a test.
That you can know nothing and still ace the test.
That I would never watch the news, and I would be totally out of touch with the world happenings.
That home is a great place to visit, but I wouldn't want to live there.
That the more money your parents give you, the less you have every time you check your account.
That parties get old, and sometimes you just want to kick back and watch a movie.
That most of my education would be obtained outside of class.
That friendship is more than getting drunk together, but I met most of my friends through drinking.
That I would be one of those people that my parents warned me about.
That you could be totally broke and still have enough to go to the bar!!
That Sunday is a figment of the world's imagination.
That my parents would become so much smarter in the last few years.
That it's possible to be alone when you are surrounded by friends.
That friends are what makes college worthwhile.

Don't be dismayed at good-byes, a farewell is necessary before we can meet again, and meeting again, after a few moments or a lifetime, is certain for those who are friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment