Sunday, August 30, 2009

Safety and Security message for women

Another Safety and Security message received and be warned :- Just to share with you gals....be aware than sorry later!

--------------------------
Snatch Thieves

Dear friends,

This happen to me yesterday at Sunway Damansara (traffic light junction Turning to palm spring condo), at 3pm.

It was red light and i was the 2nd car stopped at the traffic light..2 malay on motorbike stop near my car and one of them get down from the motor smashed my passenger side window, sprayed pepper spray on my eyes and snatch the handbag away... it just happened within a second.. and i horn horn horn ... no one can really help.. and i suffered pain on my eyes, face and hand.. i lost everything inclusive my hand phone... thieves are smarter now. With your suffer eyes and pain , you are unable to rush to bank or police station to make report even can't see their face and number plate.. they have used my credit card at petrol station near by after that.

Pls be alert and DO NOT put your handbag at the passenger side. Stay alert whenever u go and don't be the next victim.. Thank god ,my kids was not with me when things happened....

-----------------------------------

When staying in Hotels / Hostels

Please keep in mind when you are travelling alone and forward to female friends and colleagues who may travel alone. To the guys, share this with your sisters and all those women you know. I've always used the menu which hang outside your doorknob to order breakfast when on business trips.

I was recently staying at a well-known hotel and I ordered room service for the next day on the flyer-like thing that you stick outside your door. On this order form, one writes her name, how many persons will be eating, your room number, time of delivery etc.

I hung it on the outside of my door for collection - it was a mistake! I had given someone all the ammunition that he would need.

That someone went to my door-tag got my name and room number. And then told the front desk that he was my husband (remember my tag showed 1 female name) and that he needed a new key. The clerk WITHOUT ASKING FOR ID OR CALLING MY ROOM GAVE HIM MY ROOM KEY!

At 2 a.m .. I was awakened by my door opening (luckily I had put the security bar across) with a man's hand trying to figure out how to get the bar undone. I started yelling at him and told him that I was on the phone with the police.

He shut the door and left. I called down to the lobby and spoke with the Front Desk - I wanted to alert Security about the incident.

The hotel staff said and I quote, "Oops, sorry about that" then hung up. Well, let's just say that I was both terrified and angry the rest of the night. Next morning, I spoke with a Hotel Manager whose eyes almost popped out of his head when he learned that his clerk had given an unidentified stranger a key to my room. Am I glad that I am typing this to all of you with my 2 year old kid on my lap. I don't want to think of what might have happened if the safety chain/bar had not been secured.

Please forward this to your female family members & friends. Better be safe than sorry.

-----------------------------

About Malaysian Security Guards - Must Read..IMPORTANT! !!

Don't work too late, Ladies, please take care and you men please tell your wife to make Sure that they are not alone when they stay back to work. Let me tell you a true story.

There is a girl was raped and murdered. She went back to work on a public holiday with another girl, the boyfriend even packed lunch for them and later when the girls wanted to go home, the car couldn't start and the other girl's boyfriend who came to pick her up didn't wait coz the girl told them to go off first and there was a security guard helping her. She didn't come home that night and they found her body in a burnt car abandoned in a rubber Estate in Dengkil on the 3rd day.

The guard reported to work and acted normal during the police investigation but when the Police questioned him again, he remembered the colour of her clothes in detail and they noticed that the hair on his hands were seared although there was no burnt marks. He finally admitted to killing her. There was no cover up but the case was not in the papers. Don't ever trust the security guards. Be sure to keep the office door lock.

Hey girls, Be forewarned and please be doubly, even triply cautious whenever There is a need to stay back late at work. If at all possible, leave the Plant early when there are still people around. Better yet, if there is still work that must absolutely be completed by that day, bring it home!

Just heard about a rape case at a multinational company which just happened. The victim is married with kids, she worked till 11pm. Security guard raped her in the toilet. She managed to escape and drove herself to the hospital.

Next day, the other employees was shocked to see the condition of the toilet. Blood and her hair everywhere, and all the brooms and mops were broken. The police later came and arrested the security Guard, who still reported for work the next day. However, they manage to cover it up, didn' t come up in the news or anything.I can 't imagine how many such cases have been covered up in Malaysia. (This is a sad reality) .Please girls, don't put your life in danger by working late or being negligent. You can never be too careful nowadays.

Malaysia ranks number 2 in crime against woman.

My extra note: guys, please tell your mom, your sister, your wife, girlfriends and all your female friends around you too!

No comments:

Post a Comment