Sunday, May 3, 2020

Quotes by Hamza Yusuf

"People say to you "you've changed" or something like that, well, I hope, for the sake of God that you have changed, because I don't want to be the same person all my life. I want to be growing, I want to be expanding. I want to be changing. Because animate things change, inanimate things don't change. Dead things don't change. And the heart should be alive, it should be changing, it should be moving, it should be growing, its knowledge should be expanding."

"Somewhere on earth there is a door reserved for each soul, and one day each one of us will walk through that door, never to return to this life again. Where that is and when we will walk through it are unknowns we must live with and prepare for. Upon death, all of this; this whole world and all of its charms and occupations will become as if it were all a dream."

"Just because it seems like a door isn't opening when you are asking from God, just remember; the mere fact that you are asking means the door is open."




No comments:

Post a Comment